Blackjack, also known as twenty-one, is one of the most popular card games around the world. The reason behind its popularity is that this game is very easy to learn and entertaining at the same time. This game is played with one or more decks of cards that pit player versus dealer. In this article, we will be discussing blackjack, its basic rules, how to play, and some tips and tricks.
What is Blackjack?
Do you wish to play Blackjack? If yes, then BetAmo has some exciting games for you. Before you start wagering on Blackjack games, let us take a look at some basics facts of this game:
- Blackjack is a game of cards that is played against a dealer or a house.
- Cards are dealt from a shoe that contains six pre-shuffled decks.
- Every table has seven boxes.
- The value of an ace is either 11 or 1.
- Picture cards have a value of 10.
- The value of numbered cards is fixed and doesn’t depend on their suits.
- If the value is less than 21 and higher than the dealer’s score, you win.
- You will be out of the round if your total exceeds 21.
How to Play Blackjack
- You can start the game of Blackjack by placing an initial bet.
- Once all the players place bets, the dealer starts dealing two cards to each player.
- If your card has a total value of 21, you get blackjack.
- In the next step, the dealer deals with one card for the house.
- Players continue to play the game until their cards have a total value of less than 21.
- You will lose the round if your cards get a total value of more than 21.
- You can also call for one additional card at a time in order to score 21.
Understanding these things before stepping into the world of blackjack can help you in so many ways:
- Understanding the house rules.
- Learning the implications of insurance, surrender, doubling down, and splitting.
- Understand the game of counting.
- Always try to split a pair of 8’s and aces.
- Never try to split a pair of 5’s and tens.
- Hit when holding a hand of 10 or 12-16.
- It is good to surrender if you have 16 and the dealer is showing 10.
- Never take insurance.
- Never take even money when you get blackjack.
- If it says to double according to the strategy, but you aren’t allowed, then hit.
Basic Rules to Know
You get blackjack if your first two cards add up to 21. In case you are not getting blackjack, you can still continue to play by asking one card at a time. You can always choose to stand at your score if it is close to 21. It indicates that you don’t want more cards. Once every player on the table is content with their own scores, the dealer now deals the cards for the house. When the total gets to 17 or more, the dealer stops dealing cards. If you get a score that is more than a dealer’s hand, you win and get a payout equal to your initial win. You can also learn about insurance, pair bets, and surrender. These rules definitely need your attention.